Here are some signs that your dog is the love of your life.
1. You walk into a party and it’s like, ‘oh hi, is your dog in the kitchen?
2. The dog sleeps on the bed. Some potential new partners never make it that far.
3. You’ll never kick them off the bed for snoring, while your partner gets a shove in the ribs!
4. Socially awkward? Funnily enough, you can talk to your dog and other dogs, and maybe people walking their own dogs, easy enough.
5. Find it hard to say ‘I love you’? Strange then you say it to pupper about a hundred times a day. Maybe more.
6. And you’ve always got a big soppy cuddle for the dog. Even if you consider a handshake an invasion of your personal space.
7. While it’s hard to muster up enthusiasm for your mate’s latest date success, you become stupidly happy to see your dog’s joy upon discovering a massive stick.
8. You love the biscuity, furry smell of your dog. You couldn’t imagine huffing up the scent from behind a human ear and getting the same rush of love.
9. That secret you’d never tell your best mate? Your dog knows it, and you often sit up at night discussing it. The dog understands.