Growing up with a dog helps kids learn social skills, impulse control, and even improve their self-esteem. Each stage of a dog’s life has so much to give to our wonder years and contributes significantly in the character development of kids (and adults, alike).
1. Dogs help kids learn important social skills
Dogs teach children to responsible in order to be able to take care of them. They teach kids to “read” the feelings and needs of those around them – the idea of ‘sharing’, to be social, and to function in a group. No books can teach kids the importance of friendship, understanding, loyalty and honesty, like a dog can.
2. Dogs help young readers gain confidence
Children who are learning to read often get self-conscious reading aloud around other people, but they don’t have that same anxiety around animals. Reading to a dog is the perfect way for kids to gain confidence.
3. Kids with dogs have less cases of allergies and asthma.
According to a study published in Clinical & Experimental Allergy, scientists have found that kids who grow up around dogs are 50% less likely to develop allergies and asthma than those who grow up without a dog.
5. Dog owners have healthier hearts. dogs enhance the cardiovascular health of their humans.
Being around a dog can lower your stress, blood pressure, and heart rate, leading to a healthier heart and a longer life.
6. Kids with dogs get more exercise dogs make great companions for physical exercise, and they need to be played with.
So the kids can kiss goodbye to their Playstations every once in a while and thus lead an active lifestyle.
7. Help reduce stress in kids with Autism.
According to a study conducted by The University of Montreal, the stress hormones of a child with an autism spectrum disorder are dramatically reduced when living with a trained service dog.
8. Always take the blame for eating the homework.
Yeah, we all know that.
9. Dogs Make kids look even cuter And to think of that, dogs are the perfect filter any photo needs.
Just add a dog and you need not say Cheese.
10. Dogs teach the kids on how to be a better person, to care, respect, to love nature, to rejoice with the small joys of life and realize how little you need, in order to be happy.
Even at the end they teach you to reconcile with the idea of death and loss. But, above all they teach us, real unconditional love.